Main competition of the Transjurassienne event with its mythical track between Lamoura and Mouthe : it is THE yearly rendez-vous of french cross-country skiing world.
The nordic skiers gather in Lamoura in conviviality with a common goal : give the best of oneself to cross the famous finish line in Mouthe!
La Transjurassienne is one stage of the international circuit of long distance races of the Worldloppet but also part of the national Marathon Ski Tour circuit. In 2016 La Transjurassienne enters the FIS Worldloppet Cup calendar. It offers a 68km track in free technique between Lamoura and Mouthe.
La Transjurassienne is a gold master race.
Click to zoom
Track & key points
- The sprints in Les Rousses, Bois d'Amont and Chapelle des Bois rewarding the 1st man.
- The climb to La Frasse (Forêt du Massacre): right after the start, it's not easy to find its own pace among the mass of participants...
- The Montée de l'Opticien : in the heart of Les Rousses, a famous Transjurassienne spot with a true Tour de France atmosphere!
- The food station in Bois d'Amont : a warm welcome right before the Risoux climb...
- The Risoux climb : a long and demanding ascension to the Chalet des Ministres at the top, culminating over the track at 1237m. Some say that the worst is done afterward : once Les Ministres is passed, Mouthe is within reach... Attention, it is an environmental sensible area where public access is restricted !
- The descent to Bellefontaine, on the other side of the Risoux : the skiers fond of slopes and those who have found the right waxing can make a real difference...
- The Célestine climb, in Pré Poncet : the last steep climb that can prove devastating before the descent over Chaux Neuve...
- The finish in Mouthe : a long slow descent from Chaux Neuve with the cheers from the crowd encouraging the bold skiers in their last efforts!
CAREFUL if the track is impraticable, an other track will be used. To see it, click on the image.