La Transju'Marathon is the opportunity for x-c skiers to imerse in the Transju atmosphere and discover a good part of the mythical track before raising the challenge to the 68km of La Transjurassienne.
La Transju'Marathon is one stage of the international circuit of long distance races of the Worldloppet.
It offers a 48km track in free technique between Les Rousses and Mouthe.
La Transju'Marathon is a Worldloppet Gold Master's race.
Track & key points
- The food station in Bois d'Amont : a warm welcome right before the Risoux climb...
- The Risoux climb : a long and demanding ascension to the Chalet des Ministres at the top, culminating over the track at 1237m. Some say that the worst is done afterward : once Les Ministres is passed, Mouthe is within reach... Attention, it is an environmental sensible area where public access is restricted !
- The descent to Bellefontaine, on the other side of the Risoux : the skiers fond of slopes and those who have found the right waxing can make a real difference...
- The food station in Chapelle des Bois : a true jubilant crowd just for you!
- The Célestine climb, in Pré Poncet : the last steep climb that can prove devastating before the descent over Chaux Neuve...
- The finish in Mouthe : a long slow descent from Chaux Neuve with the cheers from the crowd encouraging the bold skiers in their last efforts!
CAREFUL if the track is impraticable, an other track will be used. To see it, click on the image.